The Writing Center is a free tutorial service for 希德 CC students. Working individually with students, tutors offer assistance with any type of written work by talking through 赋值s, asking questions, and discussing recurring errors. Students can choose to visit a center for a face-to-face session, schedule an online session that is live with video and audio, or submit their completed work for written feedback.
Regardless of the subject, 赋值, or stage of the process, all 希德 students, 教师, and employees are invited to use the resources available in the Writing Center. The ultimate goal of the Writing Center is to help students become independent, 自信, and proficient writers.
- Brainstorming, selecting a topic, researching, or outlining
- Generating content or getting past writer’s block
- Revising drafts of an essay, research paper, speech, presentation, or report
- Documenting and citing sources in MLA and APA format
- Filling out a college, job, or scholarship application
- Drafting a resume or cover letter
- Tackling recurring grammatical issues with practice and handouts
We also provide:
- Opportunity and training for students to become peer tutors
- Laptop computers for use within the center
- Group workshops or classroom visits on specific topics
- Writing-themed events, such as Open Mic and Poetry Club
- A comfortable, judgment-free atmosphere for student writing
- Earn transferable English credit
- Gain valuable work experience
- Create long-lasting relationships
- Have a small income on campus
联系 the appropriate center to enroll in the peer tutor training course!
Our online scheduling service permits students to reserve an appointment in advance. Walk-ins are welcome when a tutor is available. 然而, we invite students to visit the WConline site specific for the campus they attend; once they sign in, they can view availability on the schedule. If you are a current student, visit the Writing Center’s page in your my.希德门户 for more information. More information can also be accessed through the 希德 library’s 网页.
Students at the Nursing Allied Health Center are encouraged to utilize the 杰克逊 Writing Center for assistance. Students on the 尤蒂卡 campus and online or dual-enrolled students are welcome to use any Center’s online services.